We have many documents available for you to look at for interest or research. They are kept in the Heritage Room and are available on Wednesdays between 10am and midday. Please contact us if you have queries about any of our resources. It is possible to send you copies of some documents – we charge £5 for an emailed electronic copy and £10 for paper copies sent by post.
Our Photo Collection contains thousands of pictures of the village, catalogued by area and subject. We have:
– Village Scenes for every part of the village as well as aerial views.
– The various businesses, the railway and agriculture.
– The different buildings in the village.
– Docking inhabitants at work, school, sports, weddings, festivals and entertainments.
– Older black and white and more recent colour photos.
You can access a list of our archived documents here.